– White, ivory-white crystals.
– Is a dicarboxylic acid, with the deployed formula HOOC-COOH
– It is a relatively strong organic acid, it is about 10,000 times stronger than acetic acid
Its anion is a reducing agent. The dianions of oxalic acid called oxalates
– Oxalic acid is used in some chemical household products, such as some cleaning agents or in rust removal.
– The oxalic acid solution is used to restore wood furniture because it blows away the dried wood surface to reveal the new layer of wood underneath.
– As a coloring agent in dyeing technology.
– Volatile oxalic acid is used by some honey beekeepers as an insecticide to eradicate the parasitic Varroa destructor (Varroa destructor).
– Manufacturing detergent solution, leather processing, marble polishing, water treatment and textile dyeing, food, fertilizer, organic synthesis.