– A preparation in the form of a white, slightly yellow powder, with almost no odor of hygroscopic particles
– CMC forms a colloidal solution with water, insoluble in ethanol.
– Shorter molecule than cellulose
– Soluble in water and alcohol
– Used in food with a dosage of 0.5-0.75%.
– Emulsion stabilizer, used to control viscosity without gel.
– Emulsion thickener and stabilizer.
– CMC is used as a mold binder for plastic improvements.
– As a binder and stabilizer, the dispersion effect is particularly high when acting on pigments.
– In food: Thickening, thickening of products, improving product structure, increasing water retention, stabilizing products, controlling ice crystal formation in frozen foods
– In some common products: Toothpaste, paint, KY Jelly, paper, detergent.